Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 87 - 28th March 2013 - Spring, Foam, Moss and Ducks

Temperature is +1.0 but doesn't  feel like it. Suppose to be an ok day I think. Today I've got to bake cookies for our "Stella & Dot" Party that we are having for a fundraiser on Friday afternoon. If you're free everyone is welcome. Oh it's a line of jewellery and from what I've seen very nice. So hopefully we will get a lot of orders. Might go back to editing the manuscript some today too, unless it turns nice and warm out - then I'm back to the flower beds!
Wednesday was a wet miserable day. That was the weather, my day overall was just bad, bad, bad! I prefer to just forget the middle of the week and move on to the next day. I am always mentally and physically drained. I think part of the problem is I try to get a lot done and then get disturbed and don't get anything done I need to. I'm like a mouse on a while going around in circles. Home, leftovers for supper and feet up in front of the tv for the evening. No photos yesterday so I drummed up a few from the last few days.
Lilac bush is budding out.
 Water's been pretty choppy in the lake making up patches of foam.
 Moss really covers the old stones along the stonewalls on neighbouring properties. Most of them now are hidden through parts of the woods.
 A good spot for critters to hide or maybe birds to nest.
The finger tips of the lichen reach out in the wind but never quite leave the tree.



















 Not sure what he's doing, but it was fun to watch.
Take off or landing, can't remember which.





















Time to get mobile. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Gotta say I prefer the ducks from those other birds lol While on vacation I watched a movie based on the filming of the Bird's it centered around Hitchcock's obsession with Tippi Hedron but I have to tell you even that scared the bejesus out of me. I think the movie was "that girl" or "the girl" I should have googled before i commented lol. I will see ya tomorrow hoever I would appreciate a reminder...thanks and have an awesome day ....I INSIST!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete