Friday, March 22, 2013

Day 81 - 22nd March 2013 - Pigeons and The Harbour

Friday folks, weekend is almost here! Temperature is -1.1 this morning but feels colder. Larry has to go to work earlier this morning, so we are all up. I actually woke up around 4:30, then couldn't get back to sleep so woke him at 5 am. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do today.  Guessing Lexi and I will stalk the wildlife around the hood! Hopefully the lake is opened up  - it's been freezing over in the  mornings if there's no wind.
My usual tiring day in town yesterday. Ugh, I don't know how I can't seem to accomplish anything! Maybe it's the quantity of things I want to get done that is a problem - setting the bar too high can be almost as bad as too low. Exercise class last night which of course worked all the stress etc out of the body.
Grandmother's Journal:
21 March 1974 -Started out nice. Bob, Tom and boys to MC. Back around noon. Started to get overcast and nasty. Hail in late afternoon and rain. Real bad night. Hard rain, very high winds. 
22 March - Turned out lovely day. In Yarmouth 15 past 8, Mother, Bob and I. Tom at MC makes me unhappy. Home at 6 o'clock. Bob taking course.

 The pigeons seem to be the most interesting thing on the waterfront at lunch time.
 Markers in the harbour.
 Flying over the Cooper's Inn.
 Toward the Barrel Factory.
 That's where they spend most of their time.
 Even with snow this garden is interesting.

 The park across the harbour.
Looks like lilies of some sort sprouting through the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment