Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 31 - 31st January 2013 - The Lake, Snow and Leaves

Here we are at the last day of the month. Poof! And it's gone. Mild temperatures and high winds today. Up too early but the temperature is + 13.3, hard to believe for this time of year. Woke up with my stomach kind of upset so hoping I'm not catching the flu/bug whatever everyone seems to have. Another grant application to do but think I'll put that off until the first of next week. Nothing planned that I have to get done today so maybe I'll go back to the old photos for a while and clean up around. Guessing Lexi and I will do some walking but that's everyday anyway.
I missed fantastic photos yesterday morning - the sunrise was just unbelievable. Driving in town it was as if there sky was on fire it was so bright in shades of red and pinks. I didn't take my camera since the weather was suppose to be nasty and missed it all.
From Grandmother's Journal:
Wednesday, 30 January 1974 - Another Spring like day. Overcast early. Bob to MC for day. Home 6 o'clock. Kim up for supper. 
Thursday, 31 January 1974 - Med day. Overcast. Bob to MC. Mother and I down to Vocational school have our hair done. Went shopping after. Catherine and I had bridge at her house. All of us there. High winds tonight. Showers. [does that sound familiar?]
Friday, 1 February 1974 - An awful night last night. High winds. No big rain or snow. Just a few flurries during this morning. Wind very cold. Bob stayed home today. Afternoon, Mother, Bob and I up to Ohio. Roads frozen today. No ruts, some potholes, but on the whole very good. Lakes almost all open just ice in the coves. Rube says temp 0 or 5 above but winds are so strong. 


 Trees cast their shadows on the lake.
 Guess these leaves will hang on til new ones sprout out in the spring.

Snow clad branches.















 A place to skate on the lake.
It was good til the skater fell down [not me though]


1 comment:

  1. Thank you it is going to be a difficult day and Grandmother's journal right on schedule....I am armed and dangerous and ready to take them on as Billy said if they refuse we will take it to the Supreme Court...why pay into things like WCB when they only represent a few!!!

    ReplyDelete