Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 1 - 1st January 2013 - A New Day, Month and Year

Happy New Year Everyone! Well I decided to start back at day 1 and work forward again this year. Temperature is -3.0 and I'm still up earlier than I'd like to be. Oh well, guess 2013 isn't so different yet from last year. We are off to have dinner with family at my parents this afternoon. I hear roast and cheesecake is on the menu so sounds pretty good. Did I mention something about losing a few pounds, that probably won't help. At least the cheesecake is not in my house so I'll only be tempted to eat one piece rather than inhale the leftovers - resolve is back! The rest of the day will probably be fairly lazy except I either get a walk in before going or when we get home. May take my camera and go over to the park for a jaunt afterwards depending on the weather.
Life was back to normal yesterday, Larry went to work, Lexi and I at home tending the fire, doing laundry and other fun stuff. I did make some mini quiches to nibble on last evening, used ham in some, shrimp in others. They were tasty. We visited friends up the road early in the evening and then were home by 9ish and I headed to bed around 10:30 - not often do I make it to ring in the New Year.
 There are two sets of burgundy chairs in the neighbourhood. The wind was blowing hard the other evening and the water actually froze in waves/ripples.
 I'm sure it's not frozen thick enough for skating yet and there is still lots of open space towards the centre.
 I like the frozen droplets along the shore and rocks.
 This poor little cherub looks chilly.
 Lexi waiting for me on the path during our walk.
 We were the first ones through the path since the snow had fallen, only her tracks go ahead of me.
 Shadows of light and trees on the new snow.
The lake was pretty but really cold as the wind blew hard across it.

No comments:

Post a Comment