Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 25 - 25th January 2013 - Lake, Hockey Net, Trees & Birds

Friday has rolled around! Temperature is -14.2, Brrr. Will be a day of housework and grant writing, want to get that last one for this month done up. Spent a little time on it yesterday, but need to make a few phone calls and get some information to put in there. Also need to come up with just the right "buzz" words - it's all about the wording, after all you have to convince a bunch of strangers that you are worthy of the money. Larry has a birthday coming up on the weekend and wants to make home made ice cream, so I better  find the machine and see what I need. Hopefully that still works. It's been many years since we've done ice cream. Used to get a big bunch of neighbours together and do it at least once/winter and it was always so much fun. My mom made it when we were children, she had a hand crank machine, it was always a big treat to get the paddles when it was done.
Need I repeat myself - it was cold again yesterday! I know it's winter but please can we have a bit of a break...I know they say it's coming the first of next week, then followed by another cold snap. Lexi and I spent too much time outside - that dog loves the snow and cold! I did a few things  around the house and because of my early morning which left me with a headache by mid morning we had a little nap after lunch. Exercise class last night was hurtful, can well imagine how I'll feel tomorrow (sometimes the pain takes 2 days to arrive).
More blustery weather across the lake.
 The Birch trees look interesting with just a bit of snow.
 Blue skies, at least.
 Looks like a neighbour is getting ready for some ice sports.
I'm beginning to wonder if it's the same little fellow that poses for me on a daily basis.

Kind of has a dip in his top.




















Time to get moving. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Yup that same little fellow is posing again fashions himself a "Naomi Campbell" lol I will remember for future reference it is a paddle not a ladle :) Have an awesome day and stay warm

    ReplyDelete