Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 20 - 20th January 2013 - Birds, Feeders, Lake and Clothesline

A nice little sleep in this morning til 5:30 am, partly because Lexi was snuggled in and I didn't want to move her. Temperature is mild at +2.5. Have to tidy up around here today and get some things done, can't watch birds all day. Tomorrow I need to crack on and tackle the summer student funding applications - I have 3-4 grant applications that need to be written before the end of the month. So Monday is the day to tackle them. Sooner they are done the quicker I can do other things, right!
Well yesterday fluttered away - not sure where it went. The day began really cold but by supper time was +3.0, went from snow to wet snow to rain at times. What we call Nova Scotia weather, wait a few minutes and it changes. It was off to town in the morning for groceries, banking. Well the banking went down the tubes pretty quick as the CIBC machine wouldn't do deposit. Oh yes it would let you take money out but not put it in. What really annoyed me [yes this is a rant] that there were three people there and they had all been there the following evening and it didn't work, one had made a call to the 1-800- number. Still no one had come to fix it!! So a 20 minute drive and I can't put money in which means I can't pay bills today. Umm.... should they pay for my gas? I think so. Rant over! We stopped on the way home to friends who have had a Barred Owl in their woods to see if we could find it today, but no luck, however I did get some good photos of the birds at her feeder. Home for a late lunch, a walk, watch the birds and Larry got ready to go to town.
 Evening Grosbeaks at Carolyn's feeder.
 The woodpecker is enjoying some lunch.
 We came home to find lots of Red Polls and Goldfinches on the deck. This one posed for me.
 Carolyn also has a squirrel who likes the feeders.
Another of our Goldfinches waiting for the feeder to free up.













There are always a bunch hanging out on this feeder.












One of the old apples trees around the area - not much for apples anymore but they are still interesting.



















 Looking across the lake - seems rather gray and dismal.
It was a little cool for hanging out clothes the last few days.













Must go take my turn at scrabble. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I like the woodpecker lol and you can't beat the character if an old apple tree. We have a couple left. The kids had a ball climbing swinging gathering fallen apples. Yup on occasion the odd apple fight which required a adult intervention to protect eyesight. Thise were the days ....we lost two in a hurricaine and it was a sad day when the power saw started. Well I am up and at it lots to do before leaving for halifax and not sure how long we will be there. Unwill stay in touch with you and expect my blog. Lol nice to see some other topics besides birds. Lol couldn't resist

    ReplyDelete