Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 4 - 4th January 2013 - Boats, Snow and Ice

Friday and not quite as cold as the last few mornings, only -9.7. Well hoping it warms up some as the day goes on. Weekend is almost here, another week has flown by. I keep wanting to write  2012, not quite use to the new year yet. I suppose in another week or so it will come naturally. I should tackle the rest of the alterations [mostly cutting off and hemming up pants - why do they have to make pants so long?] today so I can then move on to one of my resolutions of sorting through photographs and organizing them next week. Resolutions are best kept when they are still fresh in your mind otherwise they tend to be forgotten. I have a couple big tables in my sewing room which will be perfect for laying them out and going through them. Think I'll start with family photos first. If I spend a couple of hours/day I should be able to have them done by spring? Lets hope. If I'm feeling really energetic I should scan the family ones for future projects.
Began to snap out of my post holiday slump yesterday and tackled some research. Of course not research I'm suppose to do but some I wanted to do - something to jump start me again. I'm tackling some Newfoundland genealogy for a friend, there are times I just need a bit of a challenge and [no offense] I get a little tired of  our local surnames. I find this always works and gives me a little extra experience in a different direction. Anyway as luck would have it I found some information. I'll search a little more today.  Had a good exercise work out last evening, Cindy didn't work us too hard just enough to get us back in the swing of things. No pain this morning but then sometimes that kicks in the second day!
 The boats are tied up for the season.














 When the sun hits the snow at just the right angle is sparkles - a girl can use a bit of bling once in a while.













 The clouds were big and fluffy.
 With the wind we've had and snow flurries it's made pretty neat patterns across the ice.
Could make a nice nest for something next spring.













I suppose it's time to get moving. Enjoy your day!









1 comment:

  1. Never admit that your exercise class wasn't that bad!!!! You have set yourself up for the next class being brutal lol. Glad you are having fun planning the photo organizing...thinking about it just makes me tired lol Have an awesome day my friend :) "I INSIST"

    ReplyDelete