Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 5 - 5th January 2013 - Blue Jays, Lexi and A Sunrise


Very mild this morning at -2.1, that' pretty good compared to temperatures earlier in the week. I don't think I've been to town in at least a week except for New Year's Day for supper, so today is grocery day - blah. Well shouldn't need a lot - this time of year I try to stick to the staples of bread, milk, eggs and not much else. Larry, I'm sure will spend part of the day putting wood in the basement, doesn't take long to burn up when you have a cold week. I guess I'll get in a good walk and tidy up around the house. I'm not sure how much more of that excitement I can truthfully take, time to get a project started.
A mostly snowy day here yesterday in the country. I did get the pants all hemmed after a while. I got distracted with the birds at the feeder so that chore took a little longer. Lots of Blue Jays who are most entertaining and very colorful against the white background. Lexi and I roamed around the neighbourhood, caught the sunrise in the morning. And I should note that the temperature continued to drop, last time I looked it was -13 and Larry said the truck was reading -16 when he drove to work. Brrr! I took a turkey out to cook on Sunday - I know who wants turkey the week after the holidays, but... when you eat out there are no leftovers and it falls under the heading of comfort food. At least dreams of hot turkey sandwiches do. It's a good winter meal and will no doubt last all week. We've got company coming on Monday so I won't subject them to it as I know they had turkey this week.
This was my favourite shot yesterday. Not sure what was said but looks like someone is in a lot of trouble!











 I think he`s trying to convince her he didn`t do anything wrong and she`s not buying it!
She`s still not happy!














I think she`s throwing him out. They are lots of fun to watch. Lexi and I sit on the window seat in the kitchen and enjoy their antics.









There was probably 8-10 Blue Jays in and out of the bushes and around the feeder.



















 Lexi, an Australian Shepherd seems to be very happy laying in a snowbank while the snowflakes drift down on her.  I`m sure she has spent more time on the deck and her pen since winter came then she did all summer.
We decided to take in the sunrise - pretty over the frozen lake. You can hear the lake growling below the ice.












Time for the second cup of coffee. Enjoy your day!












No comments:

Post a Comment