Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 27 - 27th January 2013 - Snow Geese and Waves

Sunday, a little too early and the temperature is -10.2 Pretty consistent, I think that's what it was when I went to bed last night. My hubby's birthday today - not revealing his age! HA!HA! It's ice cream making day, not sure what flavour he has in mind but my favourite is coffee. I have a bit of a lactose problem so all that milk and cream will probably make me suffer but it will be well worth it. As children it was always a winter treat and sometimes a summer one. I can remember one year Mom making it for my birthday in June. The last time I had it was in 2008 at my Grandmother's 90th birthday party, my cousin Jim made it [he sent me his recipe yesterday which is very similar to mine.] She passed away that following month but it was a nice memory of all of us together.
Saturday went really well. Buzzed into town, got the shopping done, some groceries a bill paid then headed for Lockeport in time for the Harmony Bazaar AGM. Great group of people [I was going to say women, but there are two men] on the Executive and Board. Nice to see how they organize such a fantastic event every year. If you love music this is the event for you - takes place in late July each year in Lockeport over 3 days. I'll keep you posted. Of course we didn't leave home without our cameras. A trip to Lockeport always includes a visit to the beach.
We were really lucky to see the Snow Geese on the soccer field which have now doubled in numbers.












 Lots of ice on the rocks along the shore.
 Nothing better than waves when you visit the beach...but too cold to swim.



 Just beginning to roll over.
















The lighthouse looked like it was floating on a cloud above the water.













Needing another coffee. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LARRY!!! What a wonderful walk down memory lane. I am in blog heaven this morning ....nostalgia from making ice cream to beautiful photos of my childhood town...the icing on the cake "the lighthouse" lol SOunds like you have a fun day and like you my fav is coffee. I can only have a little or suffer the Wrath of the Stomach/Intestine Gods. I cant help but wondr about this lactose and gluten intolerance as years ago(not dating either of us) not much was known about it and we survived but wondered why trips to DeMolitor Bros for an ice cream cone always left me with an upset belly......This is my second attempt at posting a comment as it would not recognize my password and I had to dig out the baby laptop and trying for a signal(the signal in the air was blue as I used colourful words to describe my contempt for the NDP & Eastlink) voila finally able to see the photos much better on this rather than the BB. You have a great day and I hope Larry's 41 birthday is fantastic :) <3 Miss Kay

    ReplyDelete