Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 16 - 16th January 2013 - A Housefly, Redpolls and Old Man's Beard

Wednesday has rolled around again, temperature is -3. A little cooler than it has been. Today is my in town day, hoping the weather holds although they are giving snow - that I can almost handle it's the ice pellets somewhere along the line they keep talking about that disturbs me. I truly hate going anywhere unless it's on foot in bad weather. Too many years of needing to go and travelling in it has really turned me off. Always seemed that every time I was doing a trade show in Halifax in February we had a snow storm either going or coming home. Nothing like trying to load up a van in a snow storm on the hill beside the Metro Centre [along with 100 others] in Halifax, then making your way home at 6 pm in the dark for a 2 1/2 hour drive which ultimately would turn into 4 hours. Never my idea of fun. Today I'll brave the trip to town and then swear I'm never leaving the house the rest of the winter! HA!HA!
Yesterday was beautiful and sunny with just a bit of a nip in the air. Got my office stuff done up in a lot less time than I thought and made a shepherds pie for supper with the left over moose roast we had. Of course there was some laundry and watched the birds. Actually I think I spend way too much time watching the birds! Tried out the new lens - not bad, a little more practice and getting used to it should do the trick. The new kitchen counter we put in last winter has become my favourite place to be, especially since I got some really comfy stools.
The common housefly - I just couldn't resist. Although it was difficult trying to follow him up the window.












 A little old man's beard blowing from a tree.

It was nice to be able to crawl along the ground and take pictures.


















 While I was studying the fly on the window I caught the redpolls at the feeder on the deck. Had to slowly go back and switch lenses before I could catch these guys.
 They seemed to be quite content to pose for me.
 They are kind of cute.

Just hanging around.













Time for another coffee and get the day started. Enjoy your day!




1 comment:

  1. Crawling on the ground ....lol sorry but when you are that close to the ground(height challenged) why would you need to crawl. Ok i won't poke fun again but you have to admit you crawled into that one and it is payback for posting the picture of me in my pj's :) Love the photos and yes even the ones of the bird's. He or she is kinda cute :)

    ReplyDelete