Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Day 30 - 30th January 2013- Sunrises and Home made Bread

Wednesday and the temperature is -6.9. Suppose to warm up quite a bit today and rain, although they are giving some ice pellets mixed with that for this morning. Hoping that doesn't happen on the way to town. It's my volunteer/errand day. I'm anticipating a busy day since I wasn't in last week. Also have to stop and look at glasses with Larry this afternoon as he has an appointment tomorrow (and I'm not in town) and wants me to help him pick something out. We'll run in after work and see what they have today. It's hard to pick out glasses for yourself, I never know what looks good. Mine should be good for another year. Another added expensive but a necessity.
The temperature actually went up above 0 yesterday. It was nice out walking, but I had to hang around most of the afternoon for the telephone man to come. The adventure in making brown bread turned out great! I made up a few rolls to go with supper too. Best brown bread [next to my Mom's] that I have ever eaten if I do say so myself, you can find the recipe here: http://www.docaitta.com/search?q=brown+bread . I also got those beans cooked up and we had a rice/bean/ shrimp dish for supper with brown bread rolls. Pretty tasty and I will soon weigh much, much more!
 I couldn't resist the sunrise coming through the trees this morning.
 Beautiful colors.



Wish I could have stayed a few minutes longer but was beginning to lose the feeling in my fingers even with gloves on. Just too cold.










Warm out of the oven.














Well the rest of the household is stirring, time to go. Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

  1. Nice looking bread ...warm out of the oven and if I know you you cut it while it was warm. Lol how many times we got our fingers cracked as kids "do not cut that bread it is too warm you will ruin it" beautiful photos I am sure there is a bird lurking somewhere have a good day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... brown bread.... Sobeys has glacĂ©e fruit on sale for 50¢ a tub in here. I hate the stuff but at that price I'm willing to take a risk. I currently have a tub of peel "plumping" in rum. I see something this weekend being baked...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darrell - looking forward to seeing what comes out of the rum, will we be taking it on our march of the Power people?

    ReplyDelete