Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 22 - 22nd January 2013 - Ice and Cold

Snowing this morning and the temperature is -8. Checked the weather and the big "red - snowfall warning bar" is in place. Sounds like another snow day for the schools. Today is going to be a kitchen day. Planning on Chicken soup and homemade bread, oh and the cookies I didn't get baked yesterday. Haven't made bread in 20+ years but Darrell has inspired me and it was on my bucket list for 2013. Wish me luck! If I'm feeling very ambitious might even make some treats for the birds - they can use a little extra this week. I think it will be a very relaxing kind of day.
Monday was not one of my stellar days. I was geared to do the grant writing, figured two hours tops until I went to the Provincial website - too bad our government can't get it's act together to do online like everyone else. Had to print it and fill it in by hand, it was a PDF but not fillable. Oh but the good news for 2013 is you can now email them - what's the point if I have to scan it - more work. Since it's printed I might as well snail mail it. Oh I did try converting it to a word doc. - after I found a converter on line that didn't charge, that came out a mess and took more time. Can't say NS isn't old fashion - well at least the Government is. My rant of the day - done! I called a friend and whined to her, she's written them in the past and understands what things are all about and it was time to catch up with her and see how she was feeling. I love chatting with Kim. She's pretty upbeat and one of those people you can say what you really want to with out feeling they will be insulted or upset - even swearing occasionally is ok. Exercise class last night - good work out and a big crowd.
 Looks nice, but really cold.
 Layers of ice.
 A little blip of ice.
 My fav - cranberries.

 This poor little guy was on the shoulder of the road, not sure where he came from but doesn't look like he made it.
 Blue skies and a slick lake.
Layers of ice and cranberries, sounds like a drink!












And of course we had to get a few birds!

3 comments:

  1. started out strong and ended up with the birds lol. Love the photos showing the cranberries...interedting even during the bleak of winter one can find some colour. Have an awesome day. I am going to check with the nephew to see how the roads are before venturing out. The Branch road has been horrendous lately but I am not going to rag out DOT drivers they can't do much with a road that is uneven. :) "Oh and the tubo stick is still working....had to be Norton"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. Yours and other blogs show up on my blogger page. Nice work. I could smell the homemade bread. ~ GWM

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS Will we be expecting brown bread as a treat tomorrow? not pressure just a subtle hint :)

    ReplyDelete