Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 7 - 7th January 2013 - Lexi, Snow and Birds

Monday morning and I slept until 5 am - happy, happy, happy! Temperature is up to -4.7, which is a tad warmer than it has been. Lots to do today, have good friends coming for supper and the night so have chili to make, maybe a cranberry/blueberry cake with a lemon or vanilla sauce for dessert and muffins to go along with breakfast in the morning. I really should make chocolate chip cookies for the lunch boxes too. I noticed while shopping the other day that the guy Larry works with has taken to buying store bought cookies  - they are just not the same. Yeah, I'm a softie, sometimes. Of course there will be our walks, and some other stuff that needs to be taken care of - beds, etc.
Yesterday was snowy all day. I did some chores up around the house, but got distract watching the birds at the feeder and the snow coming down [obviously my attention span is nil these days]. I was so calm and peaceful sitting in the kitchen window. We cooked turkey with all the trimmings for supper - looking forward to leftovers and not thinking about what's for supper this week! On my list to make is Darrell's  "Turkey with Cheese Biscuits".
Not to be upstaged by the birds Lexi insisted on going out in the snow and posing for me.












 The snow was building up.
 Picked up another feeder in town - I see a chickadee hiding on the other side.
 Snowflakes
 It was like a winter wonderland.
The resident Blue Jay, didn't bring any friends with him this time.



















Since I've slept in this morning, guess it's time to get moving. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. The blueberry cake with lemon sauce sounds good lol.....you will pleased to know that you or my daughter will not be able to submit my name for a "Hoarders Episode" as i am well on my way to cleaning out my bedroom.....I think it may take more than a tri-axle as i filled the half ton and have not touched the closet or dressers lol what fun!!! Enjoy your company tonight and by the way I would like to see more pictures of Princess Lexi (just saying more bark and less feathers)

    ReplyDelete