Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 10 - 10th January 2013 - Dock Street and the Harbour

Another night of blessed sleep - it was great. Temperature this morning is +2.7, crazy for January but we'll take it while we can. I have a sneaky feeling when the sun rises that there will be less snow as I think we had some rain during the night. Today I've got to spend some time sorting through closets, drawers and clothes. A friend gave me a bag of clothes the other day, have to see what fits, and then find room for them which means some others have to go somewhere. If the weather clears later, Lexi and I will take a little stroll around the neighbourhood and see what's happening. After the last few days of warm weather, I'm guessing the ice in the lake is beginning to go [not that it's been here that long]. And it's exercise night, which is probably a good thing, really need to get back in to that twice a week and do some energetic walking in between now that the first box of chocolates have been opened!
Oh, Wednesdays are hectic, I'm usually just drained when I get home and yesterday was no exception. Seems like I am always trying to cram a lot into a  little time and being pulled in too many directions, oh well best to just suck it up - right! On the plus side I did get lunch at the Bean Dock - Bacon/Scallop Wrap - yum! Left over turkey with the fixin's for supper last night - I think it was almost as good as Sunday night.
 Looking down Dock Street early in the morning.
 Love the colors in the harbour yesterday morning.
 And the lamps were still burning.
 The ducks were quietly swimming around.
 One of those mornings when it was totally calm and you could see the reflection of the sky in the water.
 Can just see the lighthouse way in the background.
 The gulls were sweeping through.
The steeple on top of the Cox Warehouse.

1 comment:

  1. nice photos!! glad you had a good night's sleep...me not so good but on a lighter note we are close to the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete