Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 11 - 11th January 2013 - Lake, Chickadees and Goldfinches

Friday has rolled around with a temperature this morning of -2. Looks like another couple of sunny, mild, windy days in the forecast. I see the dust is beginning to settle on the top of tables, etc again so need to do some dusting, run the broom around etc. I did start to pull out photographs yesterday so will continue on that mission. I guess sorting them in to various families will be the best way to proceed and then try to figure out who they are and put them in albums [some are too big], books, label them, etc. This will be a slow process I'm sure. I tend to get distracted very easily when going back through old photos and memorabilia. This should have been done years ago while my grandparents were still living and could help, although there are some that even they didn't know.
Yesterday was certainly mild, but very windy with a few rain showers throughout the morning. The problem with this is that all along the shoulder of the road and driveways had become ice, making it hard to walk with Lexi on a leash and camera around my neck, so we stuck to the woods and the paths - much easier to maneuver and I can let her off leash there. Made the Leftover Turkey with Chessey Biscuits for supper last night - yum it was delicious. I was a little hesitant about the biscuit topping as I'm well know for my creation of hockey pucks but they turned out great. So this is a recipe that goes in my book for future leftover turkey!  Now I'll soon try a bread recipe, but need to put yeast on my grocery list first. I got all the clothes sorted through and put away yesterday morning, even purged some of mine and Larry's, if you don't wear it and it doesn't fit why does it take up space? Send it to a better place!
 The lake was melting.
 The chickadees are almost as photogenic as Lexi.

 Two new visitors to the feeder today - Goldfinches.
 Lots of fluffy clouds.
Hiding in the lilac bush.














A few leftover grasses.














Time for another coffee and get moving. Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. I was looking for an old photo or two on your blog! Thought you might inClude some. Hopefully you will share some oldies but goodies! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it would be nice to some of the oldies as well...perhaps a day that you post an entry from Grandmother's Journal. The birds are okay but prefer more photos of Princess Lexi :) Have an awesome day

    ReplyDelete