Monday, January 14, 2013

Day 14 - 14th January 2013 - Redpolls, Goldfinches and the Lake

Monday and the start of the work week folks. Temperature is way up there at +6.1 - unbelievable and suppose to reach +9. Have a meeting this afternoon - one of those that is held around the kitchen table and you get a lot accomplished in a short period of time. Will do a bit of baking this morning for the lunch boxes and make something for this afternoon. Exercise class this evening - I cracked open another box of chocolates last evening - not good. I think I need to lock them up or hide them. Still, I have better control than I used to.
Living in a small town is the best!! So the furnace motor died yesterday, figured we'd be good till Monday but you know, the temperature outside may have been mild but it was overcast and rather damp, so the the house was chilling off. We decided rather early on in the day that maybe we better not wait but would see if we could get a motor. I waited until a decent time to call people on a Sunday morning. First call was to my friend who works at Shelburne Furniture, she wasn't sure but I said I would check with one of the guys. He didn't think they carried them anymore as it wasn't his department but that's ok, I thanked him, called and left a message for the local furnace repair fellow. About a half an hour later the phone rang and it was the the guy from the furniture store - he had run down to the store just in case and yes they had one, he took it home so Larry could go down and pick it up! My mid/late afternoon we were back in the heat business. I'm thinking he deserves some treats this week when I go to town. That's a warm fuzzy feeling I get from small town living.
More new visitors at the feeder - Redpolls.




















Not some of my best photos. We thought they looked kind of like those little spider monkeys when they were sitting up in the tree.

 The Chickadee always likes to get in on the photo shoot!















 And we have some ground visitors - in the lower left hand corner - I don't mind if he visits the ground around the feeder but he better stay away from the house!
Goldfinches have been back every day, in fact today there were a few more.











 Lot of water laying over the ice, doesn't look very nice.
Puddles of rotting ice around the shoreline.













Soon time for the rest of the house to wake up. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. This blog has gone to the BIRDS!!! lol Thank God there were a few other unrelated bird photos!!! I am kidding....at the end of the day you can't beat that small town feeling. It is times like this that I remind people why I shop local. My last experience was a water heater and one quick phone call and low and behold a new one and even an offer to come help hook it up. Have a good day I INSIST!!!!!

    ReplyDelete