Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day 15 - 15th January 2013 - Chickadees, Old Rope and Tree Knots

A little cooler this morning at 0.5. Sounds like mostly snow for the rest of the week - not liking it for tomorrow when I go to town. Best take advantage of today, although I've got mostly inside things to do. I'm sure Lexi and I will find some quality time to run around the hood. I do have some office paper work to do that a brought home - probably a couple hours, I'll tackle that this morning. I might manage an hour or so back in the old photographs to see if I can solve any more mysteries or just start sorting according to families.
Bleak and dismal was yesterday - on the outside anyway. Lexi and I walked in the drizzle, a mix of mud and ice on the sides of the road. Seems strange for this time of year to have such mild temperatures but then maybe this is part of global warming. There weren't even a lot of birds at the feeders - lots of chickadees mind you, a few goldfinches and the odd nuthatch were visitors today. Meeting with the girls in the afternoon,  went well, fundraising ideas sorted out for this year. Exercise class was full last night, can't believe how many people were there - I no longer feel like a newbie and am beginning to get more comfortable with some of the workouts. Others I have to concentrate on really hard but that's a left hand/left brain issue I'm sure!
 On Sunday Larry built me a new feeder and put it out on a post of the deck fence. Now I can really get close.
Lexi and I enjoy sitting on the kitchen window seat and watching. They just ignore us.











 Since someone is tired of the birds.... she shall remain nameless, I've pulled some that I took a week or so ago when we still had snow.
 My new macro converter lens arrived today so hopefully today I'll be able to play with that.
I was fooling around with some different shots - an old worn buoy.













Tree  knot, they are really kind of cool.














I guess it's almost time for my loved ones to get up. Enjoy your day!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you....something a little different than feathers lol Anyone who reads my comments will know it was me. Having complained I must say that little one at the top is kind of cute. i will deny saying that in the future. Have an awesome day :)

    ReplyDelete