Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Day 8 - 8th January 2013 - Light, Ice and Snow

So the temperature has a long way to go from the -18.2 it currently is at and the +6 that they say  it will be today. Lets hope they are right, but it's mighty cold this morning. No great plans, we have company who will take off sometime today so making no plans just going to visit a little longer with them. Larry will be off to work of course and I'll cook some breakfast once everyone gets mobile. Dorothy brought us our winter supply of jams and pickles - well they won't really last the winter but will hold us a while. We love the million dollar relish, and have put in a request for more next year. I'm a big fan of the blackberry jam, Larry's favourite is the rose hip jelly. I'm hungry just thinking about them. No worries about supper, have the left over turkey and some chili. Larry will probably take the chili for his lunch.
Yesterday was another beautiful day - a bit crisp mind you but the sun is gaining strength. A full morning in the kitchen of baking, started the chili after lunch and let it simmer away on the back of the stove. Had a great evening of just kicking back enjoying a visit with our friends. My mission during our walks yesterday was to play around with the light on the ice/snow and practice using my manual focus, rather than the auto focus. So the auto is great when doing things that move, but hey I need to learn the function of all those buttons - right! Not sure if they are going to be photos that appeal to people but... I'm working a little outside of the box or I hope I am. Not bad but not quite what I'm looking for yet.















































 And no day is complete without the lake and my faithful companion...
Lexi, waiting for me as I come slowly behind her with the camera.

1 comment:

  1. not sure where my comment went this morning. I had to log on and when I went back my comment wasn't there. It was bitter cold here as well there was "smoke on the water" and actually it has been a long time since i have seen that much. brrr cold I wanted to stay home nice photos by the way. If anyone can figure out how to use that camera you can!!!

    ReplyDelete