Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Day 29 - 29th January 2013 - Lexi, Chairs, Snow Bling and a Robin

I'm surprised this morning, thought it would be warmer but it's -12. 6, well suppose to go to 0 today. Think it's going to be a kitchen day - I soaked out dried beans overnight so need to cook and do something with those. No it will not be baked beans as I really hate those - too many Saturday nights looking at them as a child. These are ones we grew in the garden, Larry shelled out and dried. I've found a recipe for beans, rice and crayfish  (I'm going to use shrimp), involves some cayenne pepper, etc. so might be tasty. I'm also going to tackle brown bread. I sorted out some more photos yesterday so will continue with that project again too.  I got a bit annoyed going through the photos - I had loaned them to a family member a few years ago and she felt the need to write on them. It might have been nice she knew who they were but she had no business writing on them (in ball point pen especially). They weren't her property. A lesson learned.
A bit warmer yesterday with no wind. The sun is gaining strength. Not a bad day until I got the mail which contained the NS Power bill. Joy, joy that's gone up again. The rich get richer and the poor pay for it. How much money does one company really need. It's hard enough for those of us that work, but I feel sorry for people on fixed incomes like seniors who have worked all their lives and now have to face continuous increases in the basics of living with little to no raise in pension cheques. My rant of the day! Had a good night at exercise - well I'm sure it's going to be painful sometime in the next day or so.
 Sometimes Lexi doesn't realize where the shore ends and the lake begins now that it's snow over ice.


 Tree fungi.
 I think he was enjoying the sun while sitting on the fence.

 A little bit of snow bling.

 Still too cold to sit by the lake. Guess you could use them to put skates on.

Don't get excited, he's not a spring Robin, they actually hang around all winter.



















Looks like a busy day, best get moving. Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. Kim, the funny thing about power bills is that they seem to be more after Christmas even if you don't have lights or cook big family dinners. Two years ago we didn't have a tree, any parties or anything and had a $25 spike. I wonder how that worked??? In the country we got our power bills even though there were never any tracks in the snow up to where the meter would have had to be read. This was no meter being able to be read from afar. It was installed in 1956.

    I know that they've gone up, but perhaps your next one will be a little more reasonable... If not, We March At Dawn!!! (So she'd better start to worry...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol the Christmas Gift which keeps on giving from NSPC...good rant and I could not agree more unfortunately not much we can do about it following the government privitizing it!! At the time it was the largest business deal in Canadian History.....Nice photos and I am so looking forward to the brown bread I printed the recipe last week then forgot it at the office...if it tastes half as good as the photos then I will be happy happy happy lol I tried to comment this morning but I guess I was a robot :) dont get me started on broadband either.....

    ReplyDelete