Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2- 2nd January 2013 - Snowflakes and a Walk at Island's Park

Back to work for most folks, but it is a short week, you've already made it to hump day! It's the coldest morning yet, temperature is -10.2, Brrr. Suppose to be cold all week. I guess Lexi and I get back to the routine as well, some things around here to do, a few walks and take a look at the  projects we want to do for this year. Was suppose to go into the city but didn't have to, since the temperature is only suppose to be -7 or 8 today just as glad to stay home and keep the fire going. That's the big problem with wood - someone  needs to be home to put it in the furnace or it gets pretty chilly late in the day.
Sometimes when I get up too early and I'm trying to be quiet the best place to roam is the Internet. I subscribe to several photography newsletters/blogs and haven't had time to catch up on them lately so that's what I did yesterday morning. Snowflakes caught me attention and my mind started to turn. A little more research on the topic and realized I didn't really have what I needed but thought I'd give it a try anyway. Had to wait until daylight and the rest of the house to wake up. What a great morning - the flakes were falling from the sky, so out I went dressed for the occasion to capture snowflakes. Not bad for my first try...almost there. Off to Mom and Dad's at 2 pm followed by a walk over at Islands Park. All in all not a lot done but a fun day!
 I was really looking for single snowflakes.
Almost there - a couple at the top I can see distinctive shapes.












 So this is the reason I don't clean out my garden beds (or the excuse I use).
 So many interesting shapes for snowflakes to gather on.















Looking over at Dock St. from Island's Park. Lots of people walking at the park.










 Nice show of color.
 I guess someone else found New Year's dinner.
And we ran into Abby and her owners. That's as far as we got and turned around and walked back out to the truck with them.











Well time for another coffee. Enjoy your day!

1 comment: