Friday, January 18, 2013

Day 18 - 18th January 2013 - Snow, Lexi, Lichen and Red Polls.

Snowing already this morning and the temperature is -8.5. Brrr. Suppose to be 5 cms. and ending around noon - we'll see. The best weather forecast is the one you see when you look out the window. Lexi and I will go out and play in the snow later. Maybe I'll try for some more snowflake photos today as well. Guess I better tackle a little housework too before the day is out. It appears that my internet is being a little troublesome this morning, hoping that doesn't go all together.
Yesterday was lovely - warm and sunny. The snow melted off the trees pretty rapidly. Lots of birds at the feeders. Tackled some of the old photographs - numbering and cataloging them in a database with a description, size, etc. I even made a column for the Photographer/Studio. Since I did a bit of research on those one day I'd like to dig a little deeper. My best guess is that most of the photos I went through yesterday were from a time period of 1890-1910 and mostly taken in Massachusetts, a few in Maine and New Hampshire and one or two from Nova Scotia. Casserole for supper and a good exercise class last night. So where is this happy with exercise class coming from - I have no idea.

Lexi checking out the bird feeder.





 Then she decides to settle in and see what comes to visit.










 This little fellow wasn't bothered by her.













Topped with snow or toppled over.












 Lichen on a tree.
 A little bling.
 My friendly little Red Polls.
I'm really enjoying having them so close and being able to practice photographing them.



















I hear the rest of the family getting up. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Yes where is this "like" of exercise coming from!! Actually it is nice to see you enjoying it....it is a great way to get some social time as well :) Nice photos ...really like the one of Lexi it has an "old" look to it. Anyway I made it to work, driving slowly, no one came too close which is a good thing as normally I pull over and yell "yup you idiot go faster then the road conditions call for and I will call 911 when I see you in the ditch by Purney's" ughhh Good call on no school as the side roads are not good. I do not think our road had been plowed but lets face it the primary roads leading to the hospital and the 103 are a priority. Wel I better get at some of the paper work to send Billy on the road next week :)

    ReplyDelete