Friday, March 27, 2015

Day 86 - 27th March 2015 - Red-Winged Blackbird, Mourning Dove, Chickadees and Grandmother's Journal

More rain on the way for today, temperature is mild at +3. I can see my little table on the deck again and a number of other things are poking up from the snow in the yard.  Planning to put in a few more hours on the book and try to finish off the upstairs today. We may be getting more snow tomorrow - I can live without that!
The rain and the fog is beginning to remove that white stuff, hoping in the next day or so the ice in the driveway goes too. Started the spring cleaning Thursday, got through two rooms, some editing and a few other household chores. All in all a productive day. Even made it to exercise class last night.
Grandmother's Journal:
26 March 1976: Beautiful day, Bob & Tom to MC to work, warm. Roads are drying up. Whit & Audrey up to their place for the weekend. 
27 March 1976: Beautiful day. Wind a bit cold not much wind. Bob and two boys up to MC. Bobbie took small tractor up in back of his truck. I worked from 11:30 - 12:30. Kim and I had lunch at Loyalist. I walked, lovely for walking not too warm or cold. 
28 March 1976: Bob, Bobbie & boys and Tom to MC. to work. Roads bad. Fine in morning, showers in afternoon late. To church, Kim was baptized today.
Sounds like winter was over that year and spring was on it's way. Sometimes when I read her journal, warm wonderful memories come flooding back, this is one of those days. I'm truly thankful that my Grandmother took the time to write everyday, even if it was only a few lines.
The Red-Winged Blackbird is shy - but you can see his pretty wing.
About 5-6 Mourning Doves have been around lately.
And some pretty wet Blue Jays yesterday.
The weather never seems to bother the Chickadees, they just flit around.
My girl has beautiful brown eyes.
Finally he posed in the one of the apple trees for me.










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment