Monday, March 9, 2015

Day 68 - 9th March 2015 - Blue Jays, Redpolls and Ice

Back to the work week, temperature is -9 but looks like mostly a mild week. Maybe the ice will start melting and the snow disappearing. I've got to finish off some computer work this week - top of my list. I'm aiming to get things done in the next few weeks, I know as it gets closer to April things will get better and I want to be ready to get outside. I also will be heading back to work sometime in April which means my play time (what little I get) is soon coming to an end.
Temperature rose to +3, but then it was a bit overcast later in the day. It wasn't bad at 7:00 pm and nice to have daylight as well. Testing a few new recipes again - seems to be my Sunday morning job. You'll have to put up with my cooking until the weather breaks and I get out roaming the countryside again. Made Salmon, Corn and Cornmeal Cakes for Larry's lunch this week. Did up a mayo, cilantro and lime mix which he can use to top them with - but only a dab mind you. They made enough for 4 lunches with salad and some to freeze for another week. Did  the breakfast bakes I've been making and which he seems to enjoy. Finally I've found a Muffin recipe that I'm happy with and added some Wheat bran, Cranberries and Blueberries. So in a little over an hour I had pretty well made breakfasts and lunches for the week. One day he can take a sandwich with soup I have in individual containers in the freezer from a few weeks ago. We've actually gone from 4 loaves of bread/week to 1 loaf and he's getting his grain consumption in healthier ways. The Pileated Woodpecker was around again today, but not where I could get a shot of him. Hoping he stays handy.
They are always stealing from the Bird Pie.
Cheeky Beggar.
Walking the fence post - Redpoll.
The gangs all here - they came often yesterday but the Blue Jays make them skittish.

Soon the sun will take the ice.








Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the muffin quest has been successful! From 4-1 is a big drop in bread purchases :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the muffin quest has been successful! From 4-1 is a big drop in bread purchases :)

    ReplyDelete