Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day 71 - 12th March 2015 - Chickadees, Redpolls and Sharp Shinned Hawk

Temperature is -3, not suppose to be as warm today. I'm off to town - I've juggled around my days this week. Tomorrow I'll think it's Thursday instead of Friday I'm sure. Stars are all out this morning and the moon dips and hides periodically behind dark clouds. The lake remains quiet this morning.
First time in several months that we didn't built a fire in the furnace in the morning. It was mild and foggy - good for eating away the snow, later the sun came out and the wind picked up. The house started cooling off about mid afternoon so I got one going. The temperature did go up to +8, which made a big difference in the snow around the yard. I'm beginning to see things crop up - the green cone, corner of a garden box and a little bit of my deck chair. Yup, I'm going to have tea on the deck, first day of spring - I'm sure of it. Making headway with clearing the ice on the deck, wish I could do as well with the driveway, but have to let nature take it's course there.
The little birds like this Chickadee like this feeder.
The whole gang of Red Polls along with a few Pine Siskins were in for breakfast, but then they all scattered...
and flew off!
I carefully scanned all the trees til my eye caught this guy lurking in the the apple tree. I took this shot through the kitchen window, when I tried going out on the deck for a better shot he left. No breakfast for the Sharp Shinned Hawk.















Wasn't long and the Chickadees returned though.
I spied the White Breasted Nuthatch in the apple tree earlier. Been awhile since I've had one of those.








Enjoy your day!

1 comment: