Monday, March 2, 2015

Day 61 - 2nd March 2015 - Ice, Buoys, Canada Geese and a Pigeon

It's still mild this morning, -1 but snowing. Even though I knew they were giving snow, it's a bit of a disappointment. Yes logically it still snow March but I can still wish for nothing but blue skies and sunshine. Oh well, I've got lots to do this week, didn't get done last week what I had planned so time to clean up some projects.
Sunday didn't disappoint once it warmed up. After supper it was still -1, hopefully March will continue to warm up. Larry worked in the woodpile and I spent a lot of time in the kitchen getting lunch box food made for him. This week it's stuffed peppers with couscous, lean ground turkey and veggies, salad and cranberry/mango oat muffins. I made a batch of breakfast bake for his breakfasts. He's doing really well on the dieting, I'm following closely but not doing quite as well as he is. But then my sugar levels aren't an issue. He'll have to go for bloodwork again soon and hopefully it will show an improvement. And I'm hoping to get some good recipes down pat, so it doesn't take me all day to cook once the weather breaks and we want to spend some more time outside and birding.
Love the pop of color the buoys provide among the ice and water.
The Light at the Cape.
Ice pushed up over the rocks.
The shoreline is coated with ice. But it's nice to see a little blue water.
This pigeon popped up.
Maybe an immature Herring Gull.
Another bit of bright color against the icy shoreline.
Crashing waves against the rocks.
A few of the Canada Geese having lunch.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment