Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Day 83 - 24th March 2015 - Redpoll, Mourning Dove, Goldfinch and Chickadee

Wind has died out but the temperature is -16. I think it's getting chillier instead of warmer. However, on the up side, it's suppose to start getting milder during the day - this afternoon,  +2.  That sounds like snow melting weather to me! I'm off to town today, instead of tomorrow. My weeks are all a jumble these days. It won't be long and I'll be back to work, but would really like a week I can putter around outside and roam the hood in search of birds once again.
Monday was just cold, windy day with flurries and blowing snow - what more can I say! Back to the book editing - re-read three chapters and started a fourth; making notes, etc. as I went. That's time consuming and I never seem to get as much done as I set out to do. I think next week I'll start putting it together and formatting - right now we  work in individual chapters concentrating on content. Lexi and I got in a couple of walks - although I was bundled up, the afternoon wasn't as bad as the morning. Pork Roast in the oven for supper and exercise class in the evening.
Turn around, turn around I want to see what you are!
Ah... a lone Redpoll. I think they've started to migrate, this is the only one I've seen for several days.
One of the Mourning Doves - we have 5-6 that come periodically to the feeders.
The Goldfinch wasn't long finding the prize.
Don't think he'll notice if I sneak in on this side.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment