Monday, March 16, 2015

Day 75 - 16th March - 2015 - Redpolls, Hairy Woodpecker and a little piece of the Tropics

Monday morning, temperature is -6. Feels colder though than mornings of -14. Doesn't look like it will be warm like last week but most daytime and nighttime temperatures will at least be in the single digits. Is that an improvement - maybe but still not much of one. Of course it's March Break for schools and the weather is always fickle. Today I've got to get down to some serious reading and editing, enough putting things off - I need this book project to be shaping up on my end. The author is doing a great job, now I need to pull up my socks and get with it.
Sunday was a messy day - a little snow, a little rain. Larry headed off to give Kenny a hand and I proceeded to do my Sunday cooking. Sobeys had sweet bell peppers on sale so it was stuffed peppers with Quiona, cheese, broccoli and a little ham. Of course there was some left over so I popped it into muffin tins and they went in the freezer for another week. Mango and Cranberry muffins were also on the menu.  The hood was a buzz yesterday with the "blue water" in some of the coves around the lake. As soon as Larry got home - he told me the same thing so off we went. Definitely blue!
Just a few of the Redpolls. Probably around 80 with a few Goldfinches.
Atop one of the feeders.
This was the Male Hairy Woodpecker.
Yup - we've got that tropical feeling.

Our crazy friends Lois and Danny had a little fun with the Caribbean water - this is one of Danny's photos.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment