Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day 67 - 8th March 2015 - Pigeons, Golden-Eyes and the Harbour

Not quite so cold this morning, temperature is -5. Hope everyone remembered to set their clocks ahead when they went to bed last night. It will take a few days to get used to the change. The only thing I don't like is the sunrise (my favourite time of day) is now later again. I'll spend a couple of hours in the kitchen this morning cooking - getting things done for Larry's lunches this week. My plan is to have enough interesting and new recipes that I can rotate them once I go back to work and not need to spend more than an hour or two early on Sundays getting them ready. I'm focusing on better weather and being able to get outside.
Warmed  quickly Saturday to +2, but the wind picked up a little in the afternoon. After getting the fire going good and breakfast we headed to town mid morning for shopping. Trolled along part of Dock Street, but with most of the harbour frozen there wasn't a lot of action. It was nice to take Big B. out for a change and I got a few shots although nothing really fantastic or unusual. It takes me twice as long to get groceries these days as I'm reading the labels of everything, hoping this will get a bit easier with time. Back home, I tackled some housework, Larry put wood in the basement. It's an exciting life. Larry assures me the snow is melting, but of course not fast enough for me.

Pigeons on Dock Street, not my favourite bird, that's for sure but they do add a little color down there.

The Golden Eyes were down in the river when we came home - 1 male and 5 females.

They started to take off...

Skipping across the water. The females appear to be more nervous than the male.










And they are off.

Taken in town, there were still a few snow flurries in the air.
Looking up the Harbour.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment