Thursday, March 26, 2015

Day 85 - 26th March 2015 - Blue Jays, Red-winged Blackbirds and Chickadees

It's mild this morning, +1 and a little windy. No stars out, rain is on it's way. The weather sites have the big red bar up "Rainfall Warning" well that's a change from Snow/Blizzard. There also might be a little snow too - ugh! Sounds like Lexi and I will only get in short wet walks today. I'll be back to working on the book and some housework - nothing exciting.
We need more weather like we had on Wednesday - what a beautiful day! Go snow - Go! I buzzed around and got a few things done as well as another chapter finished and sent off to Karen for corrections etc. Sometimes it's just things we need to search out. The girls and I headed out to Woods Harbour in the afternoon to set up and get ready for our Silent Auction/Kitchen Party Fundraiser. It was +9 when I left home. We had a great evening, didn't get home til almost 11 pm. Really late by my bed time standards.

The pink skies of morning, showing through the trees.
 At first glance I thought there were a couple of Starlings with the Blue Jays, but then I spied that little yellow on the wing. Was delighted to see two Red-winged Blackbirds. Spring must be here.
 I guess someone doesn't want to share!
 There he is. Not great shots, not chance to get out on the deck - they don't want to hang around so I settled for through the kitchen window.
 Mourning Dove, I could hear them early in the morning.
 Chickadee.




Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment