Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Day 352 - 17th December 2013 - Evening Grosbeaks, Snow andLichen

We are back in the deep freeze again, temperature is -13. this morning. Brrr. Have one or two things I"m going to bake this morning. It's a good day to have the oven on. Then some things will be packed up so I can take them to town tomorrow with me and I can deliver them. A couple more things off my list - that always feels like I''m making headway. Unless we have a storm tomorrow and I"m home - that's a possibility too but will wait til tomorrow morning to make a call on that. I think Larry and Lexi have plans to put some more wood in the basement, they seem to pick the cold days to do that. It gets them out from under my feet for a while.
Pretty nice day in the hood on Monday, a bit slippery underfoot when out walking though. Anywhere that was gravel became ice.  Pretty quiet though when I was out around, at least the sun was shining most of the time. So more work around the house - thinking if we sit in one spot and don't move things may stay fairly neat and tidy. Still have a few floors to scrub up but hopefully I'll get those done the first of next week or on the weekend. Easier if Larry and Lexi are gone for a while. We got the tree in and up, few limbs added, which isn't unusual since I like a pine tree and most of those just don't look all that full anymore. Anyway it's decorated for another year and doesn't look too bad. Exercise class last night - got to work hard only another night and I think we'll probably be taking a break over the holidays. Should be going twice as much with all we will eat.
 Finally the Evening Grosbeaks arrived and spent some time at the feeders. These two were sharing with the Blue Jays.
 A lovely bright colored male.
 The rest of the family arrived.
 Woodpecker was busy with breakfast.
 Frozen and snow covered.
Big fluffy clouds drifted through the sky in the afternoon.











 Branches are covered in snow.
And the lichen on the trees.













Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Smoke on the water at my place....brrrrr giving another mess oh well it is that time of year

    ReplyDelete