Thursday, December 12, 2013

Day 347 - 12th December 2013 - Snow, Harbour and Lake

Cold this morning, temperature is -5.7, guess that's the way it will be (or colder) most mornings for the next few months. "Swamps are full, winter will set in", and I think it has. Another old saying is: If the first snow rains off they all will, I'm guessing the snow will stay this year. Took out butter and cream cheese when I got up, back to the baking today.  Looks like it will be a cold day but nice, so I'm sure I'll take a break or two to zip around the hood. With the change in the weather, there might be a few new birds visiting. Exercise class tonight.
Had a good day on Wednesday, busy but it went well.  I tried to take some photos of the snow on my way to town as Larry drove me in, got a few that weren't too bad. Had lunch at the Beandock, caught up on the news with the girls, got my errands done and seemed like I made too many trips to the mail.  I regretted all day that I would miss the snow at home and by the time I got back it would have blown or melted off the trees but I was really surprised to see the trees still laden, branches gently bowed.  I'm kind of nutty that way. Leftovers for supper and a lazy evening.
 Roads weren't great but it was sure pretty driving in.

 Looking across the Harbour was stunning. All the trees dipped in snow.
 The pigeons on the Barrel Factory roof.
 The Lighthouse in the distance.
 Baskets and Wreaths can be found everywhere.

 I really like these next two photos, they remind me of calender pages.


 Back home and the snow stayed put for me. Boats are in, ice has started in the lake again.
 Just before supper time on the lake.
It was truly beautiful.





















Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photos sista! Yes those two in particular like a page of a calendar. Driving down our glorified cow path was like time travel and I felt guilty leaving tracks. The dogs love it and.plow through it losing more balls and searching for them. Then they chase each other. Anyway they have been fed done their business and I can get ready for work. Have a good day baking!

    ReplyDelete