Monday, December 9, 2013

Day 344 - 9th December 2013 - Sunrises, Birds and a Squirrel

Cold morning, temperature is -5.0. Sounds like it won't be a very nice day - well not suppose to start until afternoon then it's snow, ice pellets and rain before it's finished overnight. Sounds like a mess. Back to Monday and the work week for most. Think I'll tackle the Christmas cards today and not sure what else. I know there are lots of things to do. Guess I'll just tick stuff off one at a time.
It was a nice sunny day but cold, wind was raw. I swear the colder it is the more Lexi wants to go out, she should have been a Husky instead of an Aussie. So we got a little extra exercise which really didn't hurt either one of us. Decorating is finished, tote boxes put away. Did some housework, still a few more things to do there, laundry and cooked supper. Stalked the birds in the hood, not that there were a lot around - my feeders were filled with Blue Jays most of the days although the Chickadees, Juncos and Goldfinches were around periodically. Mostly Chickadees, Goldfinches, Woodpeckers and a pair of White - throated Sparrows at Lois'. Went to bed early with a throbbing tooth and an ice pack on the side of my face. Hope it will quiet down until next month although it's still bothering me a bit this morning. I'm not asking for much I know.
 Lexi and I finally managed to catch a sunrise.
 Seems there haven't been many lately.
 A few layers of ice on part of the lake.
 Downy Woodpecker.
 Always like seeing them share.
 Pine Warbler.
 A couple of times I got too close to take his pic.
 Goldfinches
 He posed so nicely.
Getting a little closer to this White-Throated Sparrow.



















Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Best photo: Princess Lexi
    Have an awesome day my friend the dogs are played out with all the fresh air and play time.

    ReplyDelete