Sunday, December 8, 2013

Day 343 - 8th December 2013 - Reflections, Woodpeckers and the Lake

Cooler this morning, -3.6 a change from the last little while. I'm up a tad early again, but feel rested so it must all be good.  I think I'll taking a break from baking for a few days and then start up again later in the week.  So today I'll finish up the decorating so the tote boxes can go back in the closet, get some housework done and make a list of what else I need to do for shopping (should be a short list, I hope). Lexi and I will roam the hood, giving a chance of flurries today so it will probably stay cooler.
When daylight finally arrived yesterday there was a very thin layer of snow on the ground. Not pretty, but over rain so kind of slushy and wet. Fruitcake cookies are done, more decorating, the bulk of the wrapping and some minor housework. Also got a parcel all packed up and ready to go. As well as pizza from scratch for supper - I had one very impressed hubby! Guess it's been many years since I made pizza. when I was shaping it in the pans and adding the ingredients it took me back to a time many years ago when my cousin Anne and I would spend time with my Great Grandmother (her Grandmother - there is an extra generation - so we are actually 1st cousins, once removed) at the "camp" in Welshtown.  Pizza was one of our favourite meals and she was always a good sport about helping us make it, usually Kraft from a box- make it yourself  but we thought it was pretty good.

Reflections in the cranberry ditch. Not many cranberries this year.
I enjoy watching the Woodpeckers, whether they are at feeders or just in the woods.
A few days ago on the lake.















 No more leaves.
The goldfinches are becoming regular visitors at the feeders.



















Enjoy your day!















No comments:

Post a Comment