Saturday, October 25, 2014

Day 298 - 25th October 2014 - Canada Geese, Mushrooms and Lexi

A good night's sleep for a change. My upper arms are hurting this morning, must be from the push ups we did Thursday night at exercise class. Have no idea what we are up to today. Need to go grocery shopping and hoping to get somewhere to look for birds, but not sure where yet. Weather sounds a bit better - only a "30-40 % chance" of showers.
At least it stopped raining on Friday. A little drizzle off and on, grey and overcast but better than it has been this wee. I got out with my camera for my morning walk, first day since Tuesday - felt good. Lexi and I went later in the morning and she had a good run too. The swamps are full and the water is rising - lake is definitely high and will get higher over the next few days.  Still have a Hermit Thrush in the yard along with some Song Sparrows, Chickadees and Goldfinches. Nothing exciting in the woods though. Stopped putting off the fall cleaning and got one room cleaned, plus the normal stuff.
 Imagine my surprise this morning when I spied 12 Canada Geese in one of the coves.
 It was also a morning of mushrooms - this one seems to have a mouth full of teeth.
 Reminds me of a melting candle.
 And my lovely Lexi enjoyed a little wade in the lake. That's about all she does is wade - not much of a swimmer.
 Some appear to have crumpled under the heavy rainfall.

Nature's debris along the shore line - spills, leaves and foam.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment