Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Day 288 - 15th October 2014 - Reflections, Leaves, Hermit Thrush and Chickadee

Wednesday and my town day. I usually go in one day/week, do some errands, check things out and a little volunteer work. It breaks the week up, otherwise I'd become a total hermit. This time of year I don't mind going in so much, just when it gets cold later on that I dislike leaving my nice warm wood furnace.
Tuesday was certainly disappointing in both birds and weather. It was overcast and grey most all day, even felt a little drizzle late in the afternoon when Lexi and I were out for a run. Had some Chickadees, BlueJays and Hermit Thrushes in the yard. On my walk I noticed the two White-Throated Sparrows made it to Lois' feeders, where they'll be most all winter. It was pretty quiet after Monday's excursion, funny how birding can be that way.  Made headway with the purging/fall cleaning, finally got our bedroom back to rights after switching rooms in the hurricane several months ago. Also meant moving a few bureaus around again. Woman's prerogative to change her mind!
 Another morning of a perfectly still lake.
 Reflections and fallen leaves.
 Chickadee in my Honeysuckle bush.
 Two of the Hermit Thrushes in the yard.

 The leaves drift along the water.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment