Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Day 287 - 14th October 2014 - Reflections, Grey Catbird, Ring-neck Duck, Northern Parula and a Butterfly

Little bit warmer than yesterday morning, and no stars out, guessing it's going to be another foggy morning. Since I'm home I can wait a bit and do some work inside before heading out for my walk. The light is not great at 7:30 am, if I wait an hour it's much better. I think I should probably start the fall purging and cleaning, but they are giving rain for later in the week so that might be a better time to get that underway. Maybe today we'll just see how things fly.
I was thankful to be home yesterday. It was a great day in the hood and the yard. Much to my surprise there are still some birds around and new ones arriving that we will see throughout the winter months. A nice sunny day with cooler seasonal temperatures. Did the housework basics and spent a lot of time outside. I really hate when I go out on the deck with out my camera and sure enough something lands in one of the trees or bushes, by the time I grab my camera it's taken off again. I had something yesterday I'm not sure what it was, hopefully it will return for a better look.  Monday I saw White-throated Sparrows, Grey Catbird, Chickadees, Song Sparrows, Hermit Thrushes, Robins, Blue Jays, Crows, Ring-neck Duck, Mallards, Black Ducks, Brown Creeper, Northern Parula, Yellow Rumped Warbler, White-breasted Nuthatch and a Hairy Woodpecker. Not a bad day at all for a small area.
 When you look at the trees up close they seem to have lost a lot of leaves but from a distance they are still gorgeous.
 A new one for my list. Wasn't quite sure what he was until he opened his mouth, then I knew. Grey Catbird.
 Colors, water drops and shadows.
 Perfectly shaped mushrooms.
 There were still a number of butterflies around and lots of dragonflies.
 Seems to be one lone male Ring-Neck Duck hanging out in one of the coves today.
 The Mallards are always flying back and forth.
It appears this little Chickadee found a bite to eat.
 And still a Yellow-Rumped Warbler.
 I was really surprised to see this Northern Parula in the yard. Looks like he's got a fly or a bug of some sort.














Saw a number of Hermit Thrushes around and had 4 in the yard after supper.
Everyone was finding something to eat.














Poor shot of a White-throated Sparrow, there were two of them but I have all winter to catch these guys.







Enjoy your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment