Monday, October 20, 2014

Day 293 - 20th October 2014 - Lupin, Woodpecker and Northern Parula

Here we are back at Monday again, temperature is a little cooler than the weekend at +5.6 and there was a bit of rain overnight. I'm up before 4 am so it's going to be a long day, making me tired and out of sorts by this afternoon. Wish I knew the secret to sleeping. I`m thinking if I go at things hard today, I`ll sleep from exhaustion tonight. A good long walk this morning, tackle some purging and cleaning, then exercise class tonight.
Another nice day, maybe not quite as warm as Saturday but still pretty good. I resisted twitching when someone posted about a Clay Coloured Sparrow on Cape Sable Island and remained in the hood. It's pretty quiet here these days, mostly feeder type birds around, but I still have two Hermit Thrushes and a Northern Parula in the yard. Larry made his freezer pickles(his thing not mine) first thing in the morning then spent the day outside in the woodpile. We have enough (I hope) done for this year, but it never hurts to get a head start on the next season. I made the ever asked for Pumpkin Whoppie pies for some special girlfriends and for Larry's work colleagues. Hoping they taste good, Larry  tested several so they should be fine.
 Still a lupin along the roadside.
 Female Downy Woodpecker at Lois' suet.
The White-Throated Sparrow is getting a little friendlier.
 Preening time for the Mallards.
A Northern Parula still hanging around the yard. Seems to spend a lot of time in the Honeysuckle bush.











The trees are definitely looking naked these days.








Enjoy your day!





1 comment:

  1. It feels cooler outside this am...burr. ...I may need a bit more wood....do you have a good pumpkin receipe.?....Tons of Robins yesterday around mountain ash trees...

    ReplyDelete