Thursday, May 1, 2014

Day 121 - 1st May 2014 - Squirrel, Hermit Thrush, Bling and Lexi

The sky is very red this morning - rain on it's way, hope it holds off till I get to work and I have a chance to see what's around this hood on my walk. I could hear the Woodpecker eating his breakfast and the Song Sparrows starting to sing when I went outside. Lots to do at the office and I have help coming today so am excited about that. Should be good day!
Lexi and I had a fantastic day at home on Wednesday. Sun came out, I headed out fairly early for my walk, lot of noise - Grackles, Woodpeckers and Flickers. I finally saw a Hermit Thrush but he really wasn't having anything to do with me. Went back home and whipped around with the broom, etc. doing some housework. It was fine and warm enough to enjoy some time outside which we did. Stopped and visited with Lois on our afternoon walk and saw the Flicker visiting her yard. Don't see any females around yet - just males. Put together a hot Italian sausage and rice casserole for supper - good for leftovers but it had a little more heat to it than I really like but Larry was happy with it.
 I don't mind the squirrels on other people's feeders but I spent too much time chasing one off my deck today.
 A little morning bling.
 A little pop of color.
 My first Hermit Thrush sighting of the season, hopefully next time he will be closer and friendly!
 The faithful Chickadee.
 Lexi taking a break to cool down and have a drink.
New growth in the forest - soon Canada Mayflowers will be blooming from these leaves.






Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that's what these flowers were called. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete