Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day 145 - 25th May 2014 - Chickens, Beaches and Gulls

Cloudy and windy out there this morning, but I think it's going to be a fine day. If the wind stays it should keep the flies away so we can do some work outside. Probably won't go too far today, although I should go check out the pair of geese with young ones that have been reported up the road in a couple of other lakes.

It's amazing how quickly the morning can change. Yesterday when I got up at 4:45 am it was very quiet and cloud covered, within a half hour the sun was coming up over the lake and all the birds were singing. A great way to start the day. I headed out at 6:30 am, thinking those birds must be somewhere around. After 2 hours I was back home, heard some, saw my standard Yellow Rumped Warbler and almost got run over by a deer. I was so surprised I didn't even get my camera up and I think at that point I was too close when she veered off. Home and had breakfast, I did some work inside, Larry outside and then we took off around 11 am heading to Sand Hills Beach. I was positive we would see some shore birds there but not a single one. Baccaro, Port LaTour, then up towards Clyde River and on to Shelburne. All along the way we checked out ponds, etc. and not a thing. Maybe I should go back to taking photos of cobwebs, cause I'm sure not finding any birds. I think I over did myself yesterday, by supper time my eye felt really tired and had enough. An early night for me.
 A little mist rising up of the lake in the morning.
 So one of these is a rooster but he has the saddest Cock-a-doodle-do you have ever heard!
 Sand Hills beach - one of our finest in the county.


 If nothing else I can always find a few Gulls and...
 a Crow.
 Bunch berry flowers are in bloom.
I couldn't resist another Dandelion.






Enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. I love the photo of the gulls...and the dandelions well you know me they are growing on me (literally) lol hopefully this weather will turn around. saw two little yellow birds this morning that's all I saw was a blur of yellow wow they were fast then landed in the oak tree. The peepers last night were practicing for the philharmonic orchestra and one bird was singing from the poplar. Thought it odd as I don't hear many had night sounded similar to someone whistling at you. Anyway have a great day. I am finishing up my garden today. I think I accidentally pulled one if the smaller astilbes while fighting with the briars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of the gulls...and the dandelions well you know me they are growing on me (literally) lol hopefully this weather will turn around. saw two little yellow birds this morning that's all I saw was a blur of yellow wow they were fast then landed in the oak tree. The peepers last night were practicing for the philharmonic orchestra and one bird was singing from the poplar. Thought it odd as I don't hear many had night sounded similar to someone whistling at you. Anyway have a great day. I am finishing up my garden today. I think I accidentally pulled one if the smaller astilbes while fighting with the briars.

    ReplyDelete