Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Day 133 - 13th May 2014 - Robin, Ferns and a Rose-Breasted Grosbeak

A little foggy out there this morning, temperature is 6.1 but should be a fine day. The birds are singing again this morning, my favourite time of the day hearing them in early hours as the sunrises.  Am hoping to buckle down and get lots accomplished today. The black flies didn't hit yesterday morning til about 35 mins into my walk so fingers crossed I am lucky again this morning. The birds were starting to move and I'm beginning to figure out the morning feeding routine once again.
A crazy day at work, didn't get quite as much done as I wanted. Had a great evening though - Cindy messaged me that she had a Rose-Breasted Grosbeak, 10 minutes before the girls were going to pick me up for exercise class. Good thing she doesn't live far away - off we went up the road and I got him. Another lifer for me!  We are calling her tree the magic tree - all the oddities are arriving there. Almost forgot - the Humming Birds returned on Sunday and are enjoying the feeder once again. So nice to see them back.
And I thought it was only children and dogs that liked to play in the mud.
Still lots of these little wild white violets around.
Shouldn't be long and these ferns will be opened.
Wild Pear or Wild Cherry not sure which.
Rose-Breasted Grosbeak - such a beautiful fellow.










Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment