Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 135 - 15th May 2014 - Reflections, Hermit Thrush and Violets

Well that was a miserable night I put in - every time I moved I though the top of my head would come off. Ugh. I'm up way too early, very mild morning, temperature is +9.7.  Off to work this morning, hoping it's a good, uneventful day. I guess I'm just going to be taking this one day at a time. Glad we are coming up on a long weekend so maybe the worst of this will be over by next week.
Lexi and I had a good day at home on Wednesday, got some birding in but not a lot of good photos. There are more and more out there though so look forward to upcoming days and weeks. Tackled laundry and some house work early, getting that done up. So I thought I was having a bout of eczema  again - its not that unusual, I have problems but this time it was my scalp and forehead. I got the bright idea today that maybe it wasn't eczema, I called to make a Dr's. appointment late in the afternoon for Thursday.  Her nurse didn't like the sounds of  what I was telling her, so told me to go to outpatients and sure enough I have Shingles. Pain and Itch - nasty stuff. Hope the meds kick in quick.
 I think they were water skippers making those little circles.
 Perfect morning for reflections.
Purple violets are still in bloom.
 Another nest I missed.
Look closely and you can see two turtles on the bank.
 One of my usual Yellow-Rumped Warblers above my head!
 More reflections.
This Hermit Thrush was dozing in the morning sun.








Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment