Saturday, May 24, 2014

Day 144- 24th May 2014 - Yellow-Rumped Warbler, Mallard and Apple Blossoms

An early morning - still having problems at night but it will come. Lexi is happy to have me feeling better, dogs are very intuitive when it comes to those kind of things. Suppose to be a sunny day, but risk of frost tonight. Tide is low just before noon today so I see some birding and beach time for us. Should be some shore birds around and maybe some Warblers. At some point on our travels will have to grab a few groceries too. Larry wants to work in the woodpile too this weekend since the winter wood arrived the other week, time to start cutting and splitting it. I need to finish planting bulbs that I got as well. Busy weekend, but weather sounds good so will try to be outside.
Struck out early yesterday morning for a walk and to meet Nancy  for my ride to town. Flies were not too bad. Mosquitoes are out now and I can handle those better than the black flies. Could hear some twittering in the trees but not close enough to catch a glimpse of those that like to tease Had a good day at work, weather was fine and warm but we had our daily dark clouds at 4 pm but no rain. Another walk after supper, chat with a neighbour but very quiet except for the female Mallard who decided she was tired of the guys chasing her.
 The Yellow Rumped Warbler seems to be the only one I'm finding in the hood these days.
 Can't believe how many more apple blossoms there are in just a few days.
 Dragon flies are here.
 Me and my shadow!
 She was trying to avoid a couple of male Mallards.
Beautiful evening on the lake.









Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I figured if you were up to it you might be on a little road trip or shore hunt today. I discovered two Flicker nests and saw another one of those wood picker things (pilated) or whatever you call them. He appears to like the edge of the woods but he was closer to the pond last night. Another bat swooped by last night. Black flies early early in the evening but none at dark. Well I need to clean up the shack then it is out to get some briars out of my garden. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete