Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 150 - 30th May 2014 - Reflections, Twin Flowers and a Song Sparrow

I'm up way too early this morning - it's going to be a long day. Temperature is cooler at +2.1 so there just might be a frost. Stars are all out. We've got a few things planted but they should be all right and Larry's Tomatoes and Peppers are in the greenhouse and protected. Guess we better soon get the rest of the vegetables planted, maybe this weekend we can find some time to tackle that and scout out some birds. Next weekend is a write off with obligations for both of us. Fingers crossed for a better day!
Thursday was not one of my better days - stress was high and my head pained quite a lot. Anyway before the day was over I think I got the issues sorted out and today will move on more smoothly. It was another quiet day in the bird world. Thought since it was such a nice morning I would see something for sure, but next to nothing. Heard a few - no sightings. I'm getting kind of discouraged with this. Not sure what the problem is, last year this time I was almost tripping over those little Warblers.
I was lucky this morning - behind some bushes but she knew I was there. She keeps those babies pretty close.
 Another quiet morning on the lake - set for reflections.

 Soon my favoutie wild flower will be blooming from these little stems - two pink bells known as Twin Flowers. Probably the smallest of the wild flowers but you can smell their beautiful scent before you see them.
The Song Sparrow sneaks into the feeder early in the morning and evening.






Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment