Sunday, May 4, 2014

Day 124 - 4th May 2014 - Reflections, Tulips, Dandelions and the Lake

Quite a few dark clouds out there this morning,but I see a band of light over the tree line of the lake. Some showers for later today but the temperature is +4.8 so at least it's not cold. Larry's back at the First Aid Course again today. Lexi and I will once again hang in the hood. Have a roast out for to cook for supper - yup - leftovers for tomorrow night.
What a beautiful day Saturday turned out to be. Sunshine, warm temperatures - everything that May is all about. I hit out early for my walk and just poked along looking and listening. Nothing outstanding to report but it was still nice to be able to go out with out gloves on. Did a few things around the house and then Lexi and I enjoyed some serious down time on the deck. I'm sure I could have accomplished more than I did but I was just as happy to enjoy the birds flitting around the feeders and sunshine. I did have a spot of trouble with one of those darn squirrels. He nearly ran over me on the deck - but then I almost knocked him off the deck railing shortly after with the broom. It's not that I have anything against them,but when they get on the deck then they run up the posts and are on the roof. They have the whole yard to forage and play in and that's where I'd like them to stay!
 So perfect for reflections.
 Evening Grosbeaks and a female Purple Finch.
 How I wish these Yellow Rumped Warblers would come down closer!
 Lupins along the road will soon be in bloom.
Had to take Lexi wading on our walk.
 I love big fluffy clouds like cotton candy.
 My tulips will soon be in bloom.
 Some of the Scillia is still looking good.
Another sign of spring - dandelions. Soon time to mow the lawn.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment