Saturday, May 10, 2014

Day 130 - 10th May 2014 - Cobwebs, Robins and Northern Parula

Saturday and of course I'm awake earlier than I have been most of the week. Temperature is +9.3 and rain on the way. We are doing the Spring Migration Bird Count - rain or shine, so you know we are going to have rain today. Hopefully it will hold off til later. Going away party to night for the bestie who is leaving us next week for the West. Will be a hard evening saying goodbye.
A very busy day at work on Friday, had a couple of my long time and favourite researchers in for the day. Always love catching up, laughing and helping them. After almost 11 years, I've met a lot of people and enjoy those repeat visitors. The day went by quickly. Went in search of the Baltimore Oriole after supper but didn't find him. I did however, find a King Fisher and chased him around for a while along West McKay Lake, never did get a good shot - he was zipping around too fast for me.
It was a morning of heavy fog and cobwebs.
 A dapper looking Robin.
 Droplets on the pine needles.
 Budding out.
 Reminds me of a ghost story.
 Breakfast on Dock Street.
There were two Northern Parulas in the yard after supper. I think he might be my favourite Warbler.







Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment