Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 149 - 29th May 2014 - Lily of the Valley, Hermit Thrush and Lilacs

Slept in a tad bit this morning, felt good, temperature is +3.4 but it doesn't look like we had frost here. Sun is coming up over the lake in full glory. Looks like it will be a nice day. Oh well I'm off to work - lots to do there, fingers crossed I finish up a few things today and tomorrow.
Wednesday was another day of finicky weather. Started off cold/cool and overcast - but no flies, then finally the sun broke through although it didn't hang around long and back came the flies. I spent way too much time trying to convince that Magnolia Warbler to come closer, no matter how I coaxed or pished he refused me. He stays in the same area all day so perhaps he's married with a family coming soon. Some day I will get him. Heard an Ovenbird, saw and Great Blue Heron in the lake but missed him. It was a day of more misses than hits.
 There are lots of Yellow Rumped Warblers around, even if I don't see them I hear them.

 Lily of the Valley are in bloom.
 When was trying to coax out the Magnolia Warbler, a Hermit Thrush appeared.
Always friendly - the Hummingbird.




Lilac bush is beginning to bloom.
Some apple trees are in full bloom others are just beginning to pop open.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment