Thursday, May 8, 2014

Day 128 - 8th May 2014 - Ducks, Geese,Yellow Rumped Warblers and Flowers

A restless night so I didn't get up until just before the alarm went off and I'll probably be tired today.  Oh well that happens. Temperature is +3.7 and looks like it will be a fine day - several in a row is a good thing. Having lunch today with two of my besties - "the coven" as we like to call our friendship. One is leaving for the west next week, as much as I will miss her and hate to see her go, I'm hoping all goes well for her. Lots to do at work today and I want to get my walk in this morning so best to get my coffee going and shake  leg.
Another fantastic day off in the hood. Lots of sunshine and warm temperatures. The flies have arrived as well, although they are just kind of in that very stunned stage where they buzz around and don't bite yet - give them a few more warm days. I can live with that. I whipped around early and got everything I needed to do in the house before going for my walk. I think I spent a lot of time roaming around and chasing birds, not terribly successful mind you in the "good" photo department but I got out there none the less. Joined Lois on her deck for  quick cup of tea and catch up. Threw together a potato salad and pasta salad to go with supper, another meal of leftovers for tonight.
 This Mallard was splashing up a storm.
 Lois and I are sure this is not Kate and William, I think they are two of the young ones from last year.
 One of my tulips has opened up.
 Foam along the shore line.
 Those Yellow Rumped Warblers are getting a little lower. I really need a bigger lens, but it may have to wait until next month.
 Ferns will soon be up. I love the way the unfurl.
Vinca are now in bloom.
 From Lois' flowerbed - Hyacinth.
After I tramped all over the hood numerous times, one arrives in my yard. Of course he had to find something to hide behind.












Enjoy your day!










No comments:

Post a Comment