Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 137 - 17th May 2014 - Tulips, Strawberry Blossoms and Humming Bird

Another night of ups and downs, mostly itching I think rather than pain. Maybe that's a good sign, except my eye seems to be more swelled this morning. Temperature is +12.8 - a good way to start the day. Guess I'm going to have to roll with this and if I don't get out birding for a few days will just have to live with it. Getting the kitchen taps replaces later this morning then some grocery shopping. Hoping to head over to Upper Clyde at some point today or tomorrow. Visiting friends will be a good distraction for me.
Friday I stayed home to rest and relax. The things that I would normally do to relax were not things I could really do so that just sucked. Anyway I'm sure I will get through this and hopefully it won't last much longer. It was a beautiful day and when I did get out I could hear lots of birds singing but could see most of them well enough without my glasses to get photos. I tried Larry's bug jacket after supper which kept the black flies away but I could see less than before! I think that's the hardest thing - having a beautiful day and not being able to roam much. I did get a few things done around the house.
 Tulips are almost finished for another year. Love the color.
 Yellow Rumped Warbler, lots of these guys around.
 One thing about the Humming birds they don't mind if you are sitting on the deck watching them.
 Wild Strawberry blossoms.
Not bad considering I was wearing a bug jacket and trying to take photos.








Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I would say you did well with a bug jacket on. Here's to a day with less pain and less itching.

    ReplyDelete