Friday, May 2, 2014

Day 122 - 2nd May 2014 - Lake, Geese, Chickadee and Grackle

TGIF - yes it's Friday! End of the work week, up way too early and didn't sleep much during the night. Going to be a long day for sure. Temperature is +8.6, maybe it will stay that way. Hoping to get lots done today, but I'm sure I'll be dragging my butt by noon time. Grocery shopping after work- something I really don't like on a Friday but Larry's got a first aid course to go to all weekend so that's our only chance to go. Guess I'll be haunting the hood!
Beautiful red sunrise yesterday morning but as it promised the rain came about 9 am.  At least I got my walk in, always feels so much better if I can stretch before being confined to a chair most of the day. A good day at the office, the NSCC student started and I can see we will get lots of work done with his assistance. I am lucky for the next 5 weeks! Hair cut after work -feels so much better with that extra 20 lbs of hair gone - well it feels like that much anyway.  It was another cold night when we got home, house was +12.1, so I near froze to death even after the fire got going.  This is worse than last winter - tired of the cold, hopefully the weather will start to turn around, then we can complain about the black flies!
All that was left when I went walking was a soft glow behind the tree line.
 The reflection was beautiful in the lake.
 Not sure who these two are but I don't think they are William & Kate, she's nesting. They might be two of the children from last year.
 Old Man's Beard blowing in the breeze.
 In the morning light, the Chickadee posed.
Harriett the Grackle, always somewhere near by where ever I go.









Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Got a love those Grackles....I think Harriet is telling you it is time for a meeting!! I hope it warms ups soon....tired of lighting a fire and lugging wood.

    ReplyDelete