Saturday, May 31, 2014

Day 151 - 31st May 2014 - Cobwebs, Lady Slipper and Cedar Waxwings

Nice morning out there, birds are singing as usual - love that sound to start the day. Looks like a good weekend ahead. No idea what we are doing - hopefully some birding either today or tomorrow. Grocery shopping will be among the highlights and I'm guessing Larry will be working in the wood pile and garden. Sounds like lots of excitement - well sometimes that's all you really need.
Friday was a slight improvement over Thursday but not much. It would be really nice if I could start something and actually finish it without being distracted by 20 other things. Some days I feel like screaming but usually try to do it in my head!  Quiet walk in the morning and another one after supper. However, when I got home and went to have my tea on the deck the apple tree yielded very well indeed. Cedar Waxwings had arrived, a few Northern Parulas, Red Breasted Nuthatch and a Humming bird. That made the evening end on a better note.
 The cobwebs were spectacular yesterday morning.


 Ladyslippers will soon be in bloom, this one looks very pale and may actually be one of the rarer white ones.
 The Cedar Waxwings have rather an exotic look.

I counted at least 23 in the tree, the second time I went out to look.
The Apple blossoms are all most as big as this Northern Parula.









Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment